Week 3 Progress (Part 2)


Week 3 Progress (Part 2)


Moreover, we also learnt about the difference between Divergent Thinking and Convergent Thinking.

On one hand, divergent thinking is basically about combining or integrating ideas received from many fields by exploring, visualizing, engaging possibilities and go big and wide as if we are a sponge, absorbing any information we could. After expanding the playing field, then only we judge and analyze to come up with a solution. On the other hand, convergent thinking is about rating or filter through the cluster of information collected to refine them and make decisions based on guidelines. It is all about focusing on the main idea and clarify the final judgment.

Furthermore, 'observe' is an activity that we do everyday. Regarding the topic given, there were few things that I have observed throughout my The Symphony Orchestra (TSO) club activity, CTS assignment 1 and the food sold in Taylor's University. I was in interested in playing a part in the grand concert that is going to be held by TSO on 22nd September. Well since I couldn't play any musical instruments, I decided contribute in singing: The Choir Group. It was a small family but I enjoy the chemistry between each other and was touched by the power of harmonious voices when singing together. I was a bit lost when we were practicing Amazing Grace but after my observation, I jump back in the right tune and sang with confidence.

Mr. Choy and Mr. Charles did some briefing about CTS assignment 1. We observed and analyzed the criteria and procedure needed to be taken to complete our assignment and how my group members got along and contributed ideas. Whereas for the food at Taylor's, I ate Tomyam fried rice at Dapur's and Asam Laksa with lime water at Old Town's White Coffee which both rated 9/10 and 5/10 respectively. It was a fine day! 



Comments